[Histonet] Regarding HTML encoded email and unwanted attachments, An Update

Herb Hagler hagler.herb <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Thu Nov 20 09:33:43 CST 2003

It would be so much simpler if everyone that is using their email
client would simply learn how to send plain text email messages.  That
simple step would eliminate a lot of the trash code that appears in
everyone's mail messages and in the digests.  All mail clients do have
this as an option, consult your local geek if you can't find it.

In the meantime I have checked with our group on campus who are
providing the list server space.  It turns out that they are presently
running an older version of the list software that does not currently
block attachments and does not successfully remove the html garbage
code.

They are planning to update the list server software by mid December so
please do not send attachments in your postings to the list. This
includes the option to attach your vcard identity.

After the update we will be able to eliminate the attachments and the
html junk that comes with some people not using plain text message
encoding.

Thanks for your help and understanding.  Have a great weekend....

Herb Hagler