[Histonet] Golgi-Cox Method

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Tue Nov 18 10:02:49 CST 2003

The variant of Gibb & Kolb (1998) J. Neurosci. Methods
79:1-4 gives excellent impregnation of dendrites and
their spines. The use of a vibrating microtome to cut
the thick sections is an improvement over the
traditional nitrocellulose embedding or using frozen
sections.

With any Golgi-Cox procedure you'll be using large
amounts of mercuric chloride, so be careful. The used
solution cannot be sent down the drain.
--
John A. Kiernan