Fwd: Re: [Histonet] Trichromes (was Re:What is Histology?)

Ian Montgomery ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 06:47:28 CST 2003

Saul,
         Can I recommend you obtain a copy of Histological & Histochemical
Methods (Theory and Practice) by J.A. Kiernan. It's full of the referenced
information you require.
Ian.

>From: SAULSAULX <@t> aol.com
>To: jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
>CC: Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com, tigersnake <@t> ecybermind.net,
>    histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
>Sender: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

>Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:57:17 EST
>Subject: Re: [Histonet] Trichromes (was Re:What is Histology?)
>real name
>         0.2 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
>         0.2 MIME_QP_LONG_LINE      RAW: Quoted-printable line longer than
> 76 chars
>
>Ok guys i am sorry i was not clear initially on my request.Here is what I
>need,I am looking for a research paper type in which compares the
>different types of staining procedures and there uses.The two stains of
>interests are the Trichrome and the Alcian Blue.The paper must include the
>history of how the stain was introduced and the mechanism by which it
>works and lastly, for what purposes is the stain used.Idont know how
>anyone can write a 10 page paper on such,but that is the assignment I have
>and do not know how to proceed with this.Thanks
>

>Saul

Dr. Ian Montgomery,
Histotechnology,
Graham Kerr Building,
Institute of Biomedical & Life Sciences,
University of Glasgow,
Glasgow,
G12 8QQ.
Tel: 0141 339 8855