[Histonet] Sudan Black and Oil red O Basic questions

Lina Vieira livieira <@t> ualg.pt
Thu Nov 13 06:45:29 CST 2003

Helo Everyone,

I will start a work with lipids stain and I have some basic questions. In the protocol for Sudan Black and Oil Red O say:
Solution of Sudan Black  0.4% in ethanol 70%: dissolve and place at 37ºC for 12 hours, wait to get cold and filter (solution stable for 15 days)

And the same for the solution of oil red O, but in this case I don´t have any indication of the validity.

And my questions are: Is necessary that the solutions stay at 37ºC for 12 hours "exactly" or is possible reduce this time (or extend?) and wath are your opinion about the validity and conditions of storage?

Tanks in advance

Lina Vieira