[Histonet] Biochemical test for monocyte/macrophage in tissue homogenate

Subratab subratab <@t> bdonline.com
Mon Nov 10 05:36:49 CST 2003

Dear All
In relation to the following post I am
interested to know if there is any test
that can measure monocyte/macrophage in
homogenized tissue. I am not talking about
cytochemistry/histochemistry method where
the tissue section or specimen is on a
slide. I need a biochemical method (like
colorimetry) (in addition to IHC) to have a
measure of macrophage infiltration in tissue.
For this purpose I want to test tissue homogenate.

Thanks in advance
Subrata Biswas
Dept of Nephrology
UNICAMP, SP, Brazil