[Histonet] sectioning tissue mircroarrays

jason madore kosmicdog <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 08:54:18 CST 2003

Salut everyone,

I am hoping that someone can give me pointers for sectioning of tissue
microarrays. I am using leica RM2125 and the first array i need to section
is a 0.06mm 400core ovarian serous tumour array. I have a problems with the
cores rolling up as the section is cut. About half of the roled cores
flatten out in the water bath but still losing half the array in this way is
not good. Is the knife or some step prior to sectioning. The block was
incubated at 37ds for half an hour. Any pointers on dealing with these
problems or any other problems I might encounter would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance. I am of course checking the histonet archives as well.

Ciao, J.