[Histonet] Re: tape

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> colobio.com
Thu Nov 6 16:30:33 CST 2003

I can witness to the value of using the tape transfer method for frozen
whole calcified rat femurs, try doing that without the tape system.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Thom Jensen
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 1:38 PM
To: murphy.linda <@t> mayo.edu; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: tape

Linda,
Thank you for your input.  Not a lot of people want to talk about the
problems with the Tape-Transfer System.  We also have two in our lab and I
have tried on several occasions to work with Instrumedics to understand how
it can be used.  Eventually they stopped emailing me which ended our
collaboration.  Now I don't recommend the tape method to anyone.  I have
published two articles on Array Instruction in The Journal of
Histotechnology and I thought at one time that the Tape Method could me a
good alternative for techs that have a problem cutting arrays.  But now I
tell them to find someone in their area that can cut well.
Thanks again,
Thom Jensen

For more information on Tissue Microarray Instruction visit:
www.arrayworkshop.com <http://www.arrayworkshop.com/>

>From: "Murphy, Linda M."
>To: "'tissuearray <@t> hotmail.com'"
>Subject: tape
>Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 13:29:53 -0600
>
>Tom,
>I am so excited that people are publicly voicing just how they feel about
this most horrendous tape method. First off, I have felt all along that it
is an insult to any HistoTech who cuts........the two technicians who do the
cutting in my lab cut absolutely gorgeous sections.......special attention
is paid to the TMA's and they get consistent beautiful sections with little
to no distortions. My lab director was so impressed, however, by the
articles she had read about the "success" of the tape method, we were asked
to buy one for each cutting station.....they now just sit in the drawer in
case a researcher feels the need. I have a feeling we will end up tossing
them in due time. I am all for the poll. I no longer participate in the
Histonet and was given this information from a friend. You are certainly
more than welcome to express my views if you like. I would though like to
state this is nothing against Bernice and Instrumedics. They have known for
quite some time that their tape method needs work. I would hope they would
benefit from the information they would receive from a poll such as you
would like to undertake. Please feel free to contact me at any
time.......thanks. Linda

>Linda M. Murphy, HT(ASCP)
>Supervisor, TACMA Shared Resource
>10-36 Guggenheim
>Mayo Foundation
>Rochester, MN 55905
>Voice:(507)266-5115
>Fax:(507)284-8105
>email:murphy.linda <@t> mayo.edu

  _____

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account is over
limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2734??PS=>