[Histonet] total mercury staining in mouse brain

Yeung Lo yylo <@t> ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 6 14:31:09 CST 2003

Hi All,

We are able to confirm mercury accumulation in mouse brains which we have
injected mercury solution into subcutaneously at the scruff region.  And
now we would like to stain for the mercury to see where it's located.
Is there any good staining method for organic+inorganic mercury out
there?  What would be the best way to prep the brain? Will perfursion
with paraformaldehyde be fixing the brain too much and "drain" out some
of the organic mercury?

Look forwards to hearing from you.

Yeung Y. Lo
Dept. Neurological Surgery