[Histonet] couple of questions

Marion Hiles Marion.Hiles <@t> north-bristol.swest.nhs.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:56:27 CST 2003

Answer to question 2: Why would it not be OK to use alcoholic formalin since
both, as separate solutions, are used in the majority of tissue processing
schedules? We use alcoholic formalin on our VIP.

-----Original Message-----
From: eileen dusek [mailto:eileen_dusek <@t> yahoo.com]
Sent: 04 November 2003 21:39
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] couple of questions

Hi Everyone,
I have a few questions,
1. Is anyone using a "home" type vacuum for the cryostat. Of course the bags
would go in the medical waste.
2. Is Alcoholic formalin OK to put on the VIP tissue processor, there is no
acetic acid in the solution.

I appreciate all your help.

Eileen

signature

   _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Protect  <http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree> your identity with Yahoo!
Mail AddressGuard

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please accept our apologies.  Please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents, to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform
us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. North Bristol NHS
Trust does not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any
other defects, although due care has been taken to minimise the risk. No
contracts may be concluded on behalf of North Bristol NHS Trust by means of
email communications.
Thank you for your cooperation.