[Histonet] disposal of tissue

Claye Clyatt CCLYATT <@t> mail.mcg.edu
Wed Nov 5 10:03:37 CST 2003

FRC-5 available from S & S Co of GA (912-435-8394).

Claye

Claye Clyatt
Chief Histotechnologist
Department of Pathology
Room #BF119
Medical College of Georgia
Augusta, Ga 30912
office   (706) 721-3630
pager  (706) 721-7243-1132
e-mail: cclyatt <@t> mail.mcg.edu

>>> "Horn, Hazel V" <HornHV <@t> archildrens.org> 11/05/03 09:45AM >>>
Our disposal company requires us to empty the formalin from all the
containers.   We then collect the formalin and it is also taken away for
disposal.    I'm wondering what neutralizers anyone is using for formalin so
we could dispose of it down the drain??

Hazel Horn, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Arkansas Children's Hospital