[Histonet] COBr2

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu
Wed Dec 31 09:18:47 CST 2003

Noel,
Sorry for the confusion,  initially I was talking about COBr2,  then the
researcher came back and stated that it may not be COBr2 but CoBr2. Yes,
COBr2 is the byproduct of Halon 1211.
Betsy
-----Original Message-----
From: Noel D. Clark [mailto:Noel.Clark <@t> ORTHO.UAB.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 7:08 AM
To: Molinari, Betsy
Subject: RE: [Histonet] COBr2

I'm slightly confused about your email to the histonet.  Initially, you
wrote COBr2 (carbonyl bromide) and then in your reply you wrote CoBr2
(cobalt bromine).  Yet your email sounds like cobalt bromine is the
byproduct of Halon 1211.  COBr2 (carbonyl bromide) is the byproduct of
Halon, not cobalt bromide.
Curious,
noel