[Histonet] False positive AFB

Poteete, Jacquie A. japoteete <@t> saintfrancis.com
Thu Dec 11 09:22:39 CST 2003

As an old Medical Technologist turned IHC Technologist, yes, it is necessary
to order an acid fast culture.  Those bugs won't grow on the routine culture
media.  They also require more time to grow, so don't expect the Micro folks
to give you a report in just a few days.

Jacquie Poteete MT(ASCP), Lead Technologist, IHC Laboratory
Saint Francis Hospital, Tulsa, OK