[Histonet] working with Vectashield with propidium Iodide

Andrew Lust alust1 <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:16:38 CST 2003

Dear histonetters

Just wanted to know if there is anything I need to do when handling
Vectashield with Propidium Iodide?  Sometimes the Vectashield propidium
iodide works and sometimes it doesn't.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do
step by step so that i can get consistent results with vectashield PI.

do you allow the section to dry before placing the vectashield (PI) then
placing the cover slip.
Or do you wash then wipe around the section and then place Vectashield with
PI on the tissue then coverslip?

How sensitive is Vectashield PI to light.

andrew