[Histonet] AFB Positive Patient

Rena Fail RFail <@t> Charleston.net
Tue Dec 9 19:38:03 CST 2003

In order to prevent cross- contamination, We don't even hydrate or
dehydrate the acid fast controls and pt tissue through the same
solutions.
try google images for good pics.or the Nov 2000 issue of Histologic.
Rena Fail

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of kevin
williams
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 2:50 PM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] AFB Positive Patient

Would just like to thank the very kind person who gave me the AFB
control that my Pathologist is lording over, we had an immuno suppressed
patient biopsy and in one of the sections there is a great vacule with
an  abundance of AFB. We are now trying to work out if anything went
wrong, has anyone come across any unusual situations where a false
positive could be created?
The control and tissue where on the same slide, but a good distance
apart, the bacteria in the patient are in the same place on two
consecutive sections.

Also if you know of any sites with good pictures of AFB positive tissue
I would be interested in looking at these.

Yours faithfully:

A. Kevin Williams

  _____

Don't worry if your Inbox will  <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2734??PS=>
max out while you are enjoying the holidays. Get MSN Extra Storage!