[Histonet] Temporary Histology Position Open (South Dakota State University)
SDSU_HISTO <@t> SDSTATE.EDU
Fri Dec 5 14:13:59 CST 2003
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN - VETERINARY SCIENCE
This is a full-time, temporary position to last approximately three (3)
Salary Range N11: $9.39 per hour
POSITION PURPOSE: To prepare histology and immunohistochemistry slides for
pathologic examination by faculty and to assist with general laboratory
maintenance such as filing microscope slides and blocks, cleaning equipment
and loading the tissue processor or automated stainers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* methods, materials, equipment and techniques of laboratory testing,
analysis and media preparation;
* basic principles, practices, and procedures of laboratory testing;
* laboratory equipment, procedures, operation, and terminology; and
* safe laboratory practices;
Skill and ability to:
* perform basic microtome;
* prioritize work;
* follow detailed directions and instructions;
* use and maintain laboratory equipment;
* perform laboratory tests or analysis;
* accurately record data onto computer; and
* lift up to 50 lbs.
COMMENTS: Some work with potentially noxious chemicals is performed in the
laboratory under a class II fume hood.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Submit SD Job Application Form to: SDSU Human Resources
Brookings, SD 57007
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Histonet