[Histonet] microglia

Sharon Cooperman scoop <@t> mail.nih.gov
Thu Dec 4 11:27:49 CST 2003

Hi.  I don't think there are any that work well in FFPE.  Abcam has
one that requires proteinasing antigen retrieval that hasn't worked
for me.  MAC-1 works well in frozen tissue.  There's also a special
fixation protocol (prior to paraffin embedding) that is supposed to
make all the abs that work on frozen tissue work on paraffin embedded
tissue - the reference is on the abcam site with their
anti-microglial antibody.  I know f4/80 works for peripheral
macrophages in ffpe tissue, but I don't know if it works on
microglia.  Another solution would be to use ricin (not the very
toxic variety) from Vector (references and protocol on their web
site.  I would love to find an anti-microglial antibody that is easy
to use and works of ffpe tissue but I don't think one exists.

Sharon