[Histonet] RE: transfecting GFP into suspension cells

Tamara Howard thoward <@t> unm.edu
Mon Dec 1 11:40:38 CST 2003

You asked about getting a GFP construct into cells growing in suspension - 
2 possibilities: 

If you have access to the proper "toy", you can electroporate. But you'll 
need an electroporator and the cuvettes....and working out the conditions 
for a new cell line can be a royal pain.

Second option - use one of the transfection reagents available on the 
market. FuGene and Lipofectamine are the "old standards"; check with 
Clontech, Roche, Gibco....

Good luck!

 Tamara Howard
 Department of Cell Biology and Physiology
 University of New Mexico - Health Sciences Center
 Albuquerque, NM 87131
 thoward <@t> unm.edu

More information about the Histonet mailing list