[Histonet] RE: IHC- using IgM vs. IgG

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Tue Aug 26 08:11:32 CDT 2003

Dear Majid,
To my knowledge secondary antibodies aren't just anti-IgG
specific rather than "anti-immunoglobulins" specific. This includes
that whenever a vendor uses the term "anti-immunoglobulin" with respect
to a secondary antibody reagent (no matter the label) there should be a
specificity against the heavy + light chain of all immunoglobulin
isotypes IgG, IgM, etc. of the indicated species. Unless stated by the
vendor that a secondary antibody is for example anti-IgG heavy chain
specific. In those cases there will be no reaction with a mouse IgM
primary antibody.
So far I failed in finding some literature references about this.
Somebody else perhaps? I would like to have it too....

Chris van der Loos
Dept. of Cardiovascular Pathology
Academical Medical Center H0-120
Meibergdreef 9