[Histonet] unsubscribe

Mark Sofferman arme <@t> optonline.net
Tue Aug 19 08:18:51 CDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: HistoNet Server [mailto:histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 11:15 AM
To: HistoNet Server
Subject: Daily Digest

Date: 4 Aug 2003 03:23:18 -0500
From: Chris van der Loos <c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl>
Subject: RE: more info again, End PO block

Dear Becky,
There is a new endogenous blocking solution from Dako called "Dual
endogenous enzyme block" (S2003). It will kill both endogenous peroxidase
and alkaline phosphatase activities in one 10 min incubation step prior to
your immunosteps. As this stuff is new my experience is only limited. So
far it seems very effective without damaging the tissue epitopes.
Furthermore, as Gayle Callis already wrote, methanol + 0.3% peroxide (20
min, RT) is very effective to block endogenous peroxidase activity in FFPE
sections. Because those sections have been trough alcohols several times
during embedding and dewaxing, the methanol has no additional damaging
effect. Be aware that methanol can be very damaging to many tissue epitopes
when immunostaining cryostat sections!
I have also tried to prolong the incubation time of a lesser effective
endogenous peroxidase blocking method as you wrote in your first mail, but
it didn't help.

Chris van der Loos
Dept. of Cardiovascular Pathology
Academical Medical Center