[Histonet] cutting MMA at 0.5 microns

Sarah Jones SJones <@t> cvm.tamu.edu
Mon Aug 18 14:31:35 CDT 2003

This is for a researcher who is doing apoptag staining. (PMID: 9922213) The reference was for staining in GMA and I thought he might get better results using MMA since the methacrylate can be dissolved away.  I think the reason he needs them so thin is to do the cell identification.     Sarah

>>> Phillip Huff <huffpw <@t> uleth.ca> 08/18/03 01:40PM >>>
Just out of curiosity, why do you need your sections so thin? Perhaps you
could cut the sections a bit thicker, and use permeabolization methods or
other methodologies for your staining. BTW, what methodologies will you be
employing on your sections?

Phil

I'm attempting to cut horse testis embedded in MMA at 0.5 microns.  The