[Histonet] permeabilization for nuclear staining?

jason madore kosmicdog <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:34:06 CDT 2003

I have a question regarding using detergents to permeabilize tissue for
nuclear staining.
I suppose that fixing 5 minutes in acetone:EtOH (3:1) will allow access to
the cytoplasm, but what about if you are also looking for rare nuclear
staining (NF-KB)? I am thinking that the acetone will also open the nucleus
but not sure if using a detergent may also be prudent? My guess is probably
not but if anyone else has thoughts on this I would like to hear them.

ciao,

J,

Jason Madore
Institut du cancer de Montréal