[Histonet] Questions about education

Igor igor.deyneko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 15:43:27 CDT 2024

Greetings , fellow Histonetters,

I'm reaching our for advice on education. I've worked in research histology
ages ago, set up a lab and did everything from organ harvesting and
grossing to processing, staining ( routine, special, IHC, and IF). Then I
went the management route and have been in lab operations since.

I wanted to go back and obtain ASCP certification and get either an HTL or
MLS/MLT certification in order to be eligibleto work in a diagnostic
CLIA-accredited laboratory.  My undergrad has been in biology,  my grad
degrees  were in operations and management.

I live in Boston. Any recommendations on how to proceed, best place to get
the information,  the best route, training  colleges/programs of where to
get the education and experience that I could contact would be
greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance for the information!
Igor