[Histonet] We were introduced to an awesome new product!

Cooper, Brian bcooper at chla.usc.edu
Tue Jan 16 15:18:42 CST 2024

Good afternoon HistoNet!

You know that product that many of us use to skim our flotation baths in between cutting blocks?  You know, those individual sheets in the green box?  Well, for years now, I for one have been frustrated when say, a white-pages sized chunk of them come out when I go to grab one!  (I know, I dated myself there).  Or how the next sheet will retract inside the box, and then you have to surgically extract it to get on with it.  Or how this product tears, and you're forced to skim your bath with only a fragment?  It's been in every lab I've ever worked in!

If you get a chance to try them, Tech-Wipe specialty task wipers are such an amazing upgrade!  We have no financial gain here, I'd never even heard of this product until a few weeks ago.  None of the issues I mentioned above have happened!  Every one of our crew has told me how much they love this new product!  These have a little bit of elasticity to them, and that seemingly prevents tears.  And they only come out one at a time!  Ask your consumables rep if they carry it!  I never thought I'd write an email about skimming a waterbath; it's such a mundane task we've done millions of times as Histotechs.  But here you go!

Happy Tuesday!

Thanks,

Brian D. Cooper, HT (ASCP)CMQIHCCM| Histology Supervisor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd MS#43- Los Angeles, CA 90027
Ph: 323.361.3357
bcooper at chla.usc.edu<mailto:bcooper at chla.usc.edu>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.