[Histonet] microwave processing

Michelle Bell mcokertx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:41:33 CST 2024

From the vendor perspective, we have definitely seen an increase in implementation of our processors.  Going to the xylene-free, isopropanol clearing approach has lead to converts because the process is more gentle (xylene can harden dense tissues and over clear small specimens).  Before coming to work on the vendor side, I have been using this technology for over 20 years :)
________________________________
From: ewj--- via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2024 9:36:52 PM
To: Gudrun Lang <gu.lang at gmx.at>; histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] microwave processing

We have a sakura VIP5 but we have been processing most
of our histopath with DIY-modified microwave and no xylene
for several years now.  We still use the old VIP5 in xylene mode
for large batches of stuff just to save labor time.

I have no idea what others do.

E. Wayne Johnson DVM
Enable AgTech
Beijing