[Histonet] Golgi-cox staining

John Kiernan jkiernan at uwo.ca
Wed Apr 10 23:22:02 CDT 2024

I suggest asking Dr Sami Zaqout, the corresponding author of the paper you cited. A German email address is given on the left side of the first page of the free PDF file for which you provided a web link: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnana.2016.00038/ful<https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnana.2016.00038/full>. He is easy to find with Google and he is now at Qatar University.
It's the most thorough description of Golgi-Cox staining that I've seen, and the pictures of results look superb. Vibratome sectioning evidently is better and quicker than embedding in nitrocellulose and cutting with a sliding  microtome! The two authors' use of  the word "cryoprotectant" was unfortunate in the context of a technique that does not involve freezing.
John Kiernan
Emeritus, Anatomy, University of Western Ontario, Canada
https://www.schulich.uwo.ca/anatomy//people/faculty/emeriti/kiernan_john.html
= = =