[Histonet] [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXT] Reagent alcohols and tissue processors

Rinker,Jeff Jeffrey.Rinker at SanfordHealth.org
Mon Apr 1 07:57:35 CDT 2024

First, I would like to say the Paloris is the best processor out there. This answers the second question too, I think. The standard that I have always used is 70% but with machines coming out now that are so good at monitoring the concertation's of the alcohols it is interesting to watch.
________________________________
From: Colleen Forster via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2024 11:55 AM
To: Paula Sicurello <patpxs at gmail.com>
Cc: HistoNet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Histonet] [EXT] Reagent alcohols and tissue processors

Paula,

I start my processor at 80%. I am in research and often the samples have
been fixed and are put into 70-80% ethanol for holding or transport.
Starting with 80% steps right in line with the samples. I rarely see a
schedule that starts at 50%. However, I do have a couple labs that ask me
for that. I am fortunate to have a second processor I can use for special
programs and not hold up my main runs.

Colleen Forster HT(ASCP)QIHC
University of Minnesota
BLS Histology and IHC Laboratory