[Histonet] CAP Cytopathology checklist question

Hannen, Valerie Valerie.Hannen at parrishmed.com
Wed Nov 29 14:40:32 CST 2023

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping you can help me.  I am very confused by one of the questions in our CAP Cytopathology question. How are you handling/ answering this question in the NON-GYNCOLOGIC CYTOPATHLOOGY Section?  The question is CYP.07666, Unsatisfactory Specimens- Non-gynecologic CytoPathology:
It states " The Laboratory follows defined criteria for identification and reporting of unsatisfactory non-gynecologic specimens, as applicable".  It shows that I must write a policy for this question.  Our  reports  do state the reason for being deemed a "unsatisfactory" specoimen.

Thank you in advance!!

Valerie

Valerie A. Hannen,MLT(ASCP),HTL,SU(FL)
Histology Section Chief