[Histonet] Room temperature optimal for Histology Lab

jdhannasch at gmail.com jdhannasch at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:27:00 CDT 2023

Hello Denise,

I do not have an answer to your question, but as a consideration when it comes to room temperature, it’s important to keep in mind reagent storage temperature ranges if you are a CAP (and possibly CLIA) accredited lab.

If you have a reagent that says it should be stored 20C (68F) to 25C (77F) and you set your lab to 67F because (hypothetically) there is scientific literature saying stating that’s the optimal temperature in a histology lab, then when CAP comes and does an inspection, they could site you a deficiency for improper reagent storage.