[Histonet] baking after coverslipping

Michelle Bell mcokertx at gmail.com
Mon May 22 15:58:39 CDT 2023

We baked our slides in our IHC oven on metal trays (for cytology) overnight so we could file them.  15 minutes wouldn’t have worked, but maybe they are using a hotter oven.  As for the air pockets, the baking won’t solve that.  This usually (but not always) happens when the ratio of mounting medium to xylene/xylene sub is not high enough (you need more glue or less xylene).  I hope this helps!