[Histonet] Question about 72 hour upper fixation time for HER2

Whitaker, Bonnie Bonnie.Whitaker at osumc.edu
Fri May 5 18:03:28 CDT 2023

Well, I would worry much less about over-fixation than I would under-fixed tissues.  Do you not have the option to have a weekend processing schedule that runs RT formalin?

Is your volume sufficient you could do an analysis of weekend vs non-weekend ER, PR, HER2 rates and see if they are statistically different?  You should be keeping the overall statistics already.  If they are not statistically different, that should ease your mind,

Good luck!
Bonnie Whitaker