[Histonet] Expiration date after opeing a reagent

Paula plucas at biopath.org
Fri Jul 21 15:08:33 CDT 2023

Hello,

We just got CLIA inspected and had no deficiencies. The inspector did say he
wants to see us write down on any reagent containers when it was opened, and
write down the new expiration date.

The containers have the expiration date on them from the manufacturer, but
the inspector said when the container is opened, the expiration will change
and we need to write the date on the container under the opened date.

I've never heard of this requirement and I would like to ask if you have.
He said if the vendor does not give us any written documentation of when a
reagent would expire after it's opened, then we should seek an alternate
vendor who can.

Any comments, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Paula Lucas

Bio-Path Medical Group