[Histonet] Information on the resistance/viability of different tissues/cells to different freezing temperatures?

Alida Bailleul alida.bailleul at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 21:27:56 CDT 2022

Where can I find information on the resistance of different tissues/cells
(e.g.,  bone, cartilage) to different freezing temperatures (e.g., -4C;
-24C; -70C ) ? I am asking about frozen tissues that were not
cryopreserved. I think there may be a lot of experimental studies that
compared the resistance of cells/tissues to freeze-thaw cycles at different
temperatures (and also compared fresh frozen versus cryopreserved) but I
didn't really find a lot of studies. Moreover studies don't really compare
different tissue types, they focus on one type of tissue per study.
Please guide me towards some papers (perhaps in the old literature? Even
before cryopreservation was discovered?).
I think there might be information in papers about how to store
osteochondral grafts, but I did not find the information I was looking for.
Thank you in advance
Best wishes

Alida

--