[Histonet] JCAHO labs

Jessica Vacca jessica.vacca at lkmc.com
Mon May 10 08:07:06 CDT 2021

Good Morning!
I was wondering if those of you that are accredited by this entity if you
wouldn't mind sharing some information. I've only worked in CAP labs and
have a complete understanding of the checklists and have based P&P on
those. What/Where do the differences lie and in what items should be more
focused on. Also if you wouldn't mind sharing some P&P, QC/QA logs etc.
that would be great. We have some here but would like to see what others
may have consolidated etc.

Also we are currently Old School in that we DO NOT have a LIS so
everything done here is offline, so in regards to specimen searches, IHC
positive stains and Cytology QA is all done manually if you have figured an
easy way to do this or can guide me in a process that would work, I'd love
to hear your thoughts. I have been on the IT side of things for hte past 12
years and the hospital that I am PRN'ing at needs desperate help in getting
some/alot of things done online or availabe on ss that can be easily
searched.

Equipment/Process:
Peloris
Ventana ultra
Cytology (manual Process)
Special Stain (Poly Kits)
Leica Stainer

Thanks in advance for your help!

--

*Jessica Vacca  |Histology Technologist  |  Lower Keys Medical Center | *

5900 College Road   I   Key West, FL   33040   I | Jessica.Vacca at lkmc.com |
Tel: 305-294-5531 x4736   I  www.lkmc.com

This is a confidential patient safety work product communication.  It is
protected from disclosure pursuant to the provisions of the Patient Safety
and Quality Improvement Act (42 CFR, Part 3) and other state and federal
laws.  Unauthorized disclosure or duplication is prohibited

*Disclaimer*:  This electronic message may contain information that is
Proprietary, Confidential, or Legally privileged or protected.  It is
intended only for the individual(s) and entity named in the message.  If
you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the material from your computer.  Do not deliver,
distribute or copy this message and do not disclose its contents or take
any action in reliance on the information it contains.