[Histonet] Leica ST5020 vs Spectra

Histology histo at pathlab.us
Fri May 1 08:13:32 CDT 2020

Hi all,

We have a Leica ST5010 that we have had forever and love.  We have gotten a lot busier and need to eliminate the backup we currently get every day waiting to load the racks.  I think we need an extra oven or 2.  So we are looking into updating and will probably go with the ST5020 or the Spectra.  Can anyone share their thoughts about these 2 stainers?  We will probably only use this for one program (H&Es, no specials).  Particularly, I am interested in the reagent usage.  Do you have to use certain reagents and dump or rotate when the machine says?  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mehndi Helgren