[Histonet] IHC Troubleshooting

Greg Dobbin greg.dobbin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 12:40:26 CST 2020

Hi Charles,
It adhesion problems can arise from several sources, some have already been
mentioned. Here are two that I have experienced:
1) Bad slides. Either a manufacturing defect such that the positive charge
is insufficient or the slides were somehow compromised after opening them
on the bench (perhaps exposed to moisture thus removing the charge).
Sometimes a new lot number be better but sometimes switching brands is the
quickest fix.
2) Ensuring all water is removed from under the section. I find that with
some charged slides (many in fact), water is trapped under the section and
does not drain out on standing and does not drain or evaporate when baking
at 60C. If the slide with trapped water is put on the instrument with
trapped water, the dewax step will lift much of the tissue.
Cheers,
--
*Greg Dobbin*
1205 Pleasant Grove Rd

*Everything in moderation...even moderation itself**!*