[Histonet] Film coverslip vs glass coverslip

Joe W. Walker, Jr. jwwalker at rrmc.org
Thu Aug 6 09:41:23 CDT 2020

I respect your view point but as someone who has trained histotechs and cytotechs, the film leaves residual dots from dotting pens making it a challenge to test individual's ability to locate and identify tissues and cells of interest.  That is the only draw back that I have seen in my years with using both film and glass.

Joe W. Walker, Jr. MS, SCT(ASCP)
Anatomical Pathology and Interim Phlebotomy Manager
Rutland Regional Medical Center
160 Allen Street, Rutland, VT 05701
P 802.747.1790  F 802.747.6525
joewalker at rrmc.org, www.rrmc.org