[Histonet] Histonet] Freezing spray in cryostats

White, Lisa M. Lisa.White3 at va.gov
Thu Sep 26 08:32:11 CDT 2019

We did use freeze spray in the cryostat years ago.  Then one fateful day we all had to go on protocol for exposure to TB because a resident sprayed a lung with the freeze spray and there you go.  There is a turn around time for frozen sections we are all working with, HOWEVER it is not worth the health and safety of Staff to rush the process.  Use the heat extractor and most cryostats have a "turbo" cool bar.  Safety first or no one will be left to run the lab.