[Histonet] FISH for breast core (Her2)

Mark Tarango marktarango at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 13:52:15 CDT 2019

 Hello Taganrog,

If you are having issues with high autoflorescence due to prolonged
formalin fixation (7 days), it might help to do a few minutes extra
protease digestion (5+ minutes) during tissue pretreatment.  Alternately or
in conjunction, I would suggest re-applying HER2 probe to the same slide
that had already been pretreated and hybridized.  By doing this a few times
(even up to four tries), you will likely get FISH signals that you can see
and enumerate.

Good luck,

Mark Tarango