[Histonet] Full time Histology position Carlsbad Ca.

Jamie Watson jamie at watson-home.com
Sat Mar 3 19:00:36 CST 2018

Ionis Pharmaceuticals has a fulltime position open in Carlsbad, Ca.

https://rew12.ultipro.com/ISI1000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx

Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.

RESEARCH ASSSOCIATE - HISTOLOGY
RESPONSIBILITIES:

  *   Prepare microscopic slides on human/animal tissue for research/diagnostic purposes, including processing, embedding, microtomy, and mounting to include both paraffin processed tissue and frozen sectioning
  *   Performs complex histochemical and immunohistochemical stains, records data, and maintains instruments
  *   Quality control and quality assurance procedures, performing routine and special staining
  *   Slide organization, prepares and maintains all necessary reagents, including stains, alcohols, and paraffins according to proper specifications
  *   Handling and disposing of hazardous materials
  *   Processes specimen accessioning to include all manual and computerized data entry
  *   Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS:

  *   1-3 years of relevant experience
  *   Knowledge of operation of general laboratory and automated IHC equipment
  *   Understanding of general research concepts
  *   Interpersonal/human relations skills
  *   Computer data entry
  *   Proficiency in algebraic equations
  *   Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
  *   Ability to maintain records
  *   Ability to use microscope, cryostat, tissue processors, and stainers
  *   Ability/willingness to adhere to the established departmental service standards
  *   Ability to be proactive and successful in an intense work environment
  *   Willingness to work with hazardous chemicals
  *   Ability to work in a lab environment where frequent standing, pushing and lifting is required
  *   Ability to carry through on assignments and meet deadlines according to time schedules
  *   Ability to be flexible with workload and job duties to support team objectives
  *   Ability to work independently
  *   Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be successful in a team environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

  *   Education and experience equivalent to: Associate's degree
  *   HT(ASCP) Histotechnician certification preferred