[Histonet] agar to make cell blocks

Blanca Lopez Blanca.Lopez at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Nov 29 16:14:20 CST 2017

Hi everybody!
Is anybody willing to share their protocols to make a cell block please. I have a customer that use agarose 2% (nusieve GTG agar) but we are having trouble to take the gel out of the tube, breaks easily even when I try to cut the gel cylinder. I told her to make agar 4% microwave little to make it liquid transfer some with a pipette, stir and centrifuge for 10 min 2000 rpm.
Which agar do you recommends for cell? Or any other recommendation to improve the technique? Do you know if there is a differences between brands? Please give your opinion.
thanks

UT Southwestern

Medical Center

The future of medicine, today.