[Histonet] FW: Histonet post

Linda Margraf Linda.Margraf at cookchildrens.org
Tue Aug 29 10:33:14 CDT 2017

Here is a message I am posting for Samantha. Please reply to her not me, thanks!
From: "Green, Samantha" <samantha.green at cmc-nh.org<mailto:samantha.green at cmc-nh.org>>
Date: August 28, 2017 at 3:18:32 PM CDT
To: 'Linda Margraf' <lindamargraf at gmail.com<mailto:lindamargraf at gmail.com>>
Subject: Histonet post
Hello Histoneters,

I am reaching out to the pathology world in the hopes that someone can help us out. Our lab is currently validating two new staining protocols:

1.       HER2 FISH for gastric tissue (stomach & distal esophagus)

2.       ALK FISH for lung tissue

We have hit a road block without validation because we have run out of patient tissue. We are desperately searching for:

·         10 distal esophagus / gastric tissue POSITIVE for HER2 (preferably stained by FISH previously)

·         5 distal esophagus / gastric tissue NEGATIVE for HER2 (preferably stained by FISH previously)

·         20 specimens (surgical or cytology cell block) POSITIVE for ALK (previously stained by FISH only)
We would need two charged slides with 5 micron sections and proof of stain results (example: de-identified report).

We understand this is a lot of work but anything thing would help, even if it is just one or two cases. We are not asking anyone to “work for free” so we are 100% willing to trade help for tissue blocks or purchase the slides if necessary. We do have TONS of FFPE tissue blocks that are HSV I & II positive. I know that HSV can be hard to come by and we would be willing to send some tissue blocks in exchange for the slides listed above.

Please either post on this blog or contact me directly at samantha.green at cmc-nh.org<mailto:samantha.green at cmc-nh.org> .

Thanks for reading!

Best regards -

Samantha Green, B.S.  HTL (ASCP)