[Histonet] Re-embedment of tissue for TEM?

daniel blackburn dblackburn2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 12:51:38 CDT 2016

We had an unsuccessful embedding run, using Embed 812 resin (an Epon replacement, from Electron Microscopy Services).  After curing in the oven, the resin blocks came out “gummy” (flexible), perhaps due to a carryover of water in the paper labels.  Would it be possible to re-embed the tissue, e.g., by running it through propylene oxide and 100% ethanol washes and back into new resin?  We hope so, since the tissue is valuable to us.  Thanks for any advice.