[Histonet] Movat Pentachrome

Elizabeth Chlipala liz at premierlab.com
Thu Sep 1 12:59:58 CDT 2016

If you are not that concerned over the alcian blue portion of the movats you can perform an elastic trichrome - that's what we do here.  Mordant like you would in Bouins, and rather than stain with weigerts hemastoxylin, stain with the elastic portion of the VVG, differentiate like you would for elastic fibers and then continue on with the rest of the trichrome, it turns out great.  I have an SOP if anyone wants it.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308