[Histonet] Weigert's hematoxylin for IHC

Caroline Miller mills at 3scan.com
Tue Nov 22 17:12:03 CST 2016

I would caution using Weigerts as a counterstain for IHC because it is
pretty dark in color and could be confused with the brown of the staining
you are looking for in your IHC. Have you tried Mayer's? That often
provides a pleasing stain with minimal effort.

You would counterstain after the DAB development steps, prior to mounting
the slides with coverslips.

I have never seen coral staining though, so this is only a guess from what
works in regular mammalian tissues, good luck!

yours,
mills

--
Caroline Miller (mills)