[Histonet] Leica Bond and IF staining

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:54:32 CST 2016

We've been adapting the Leica Bond to do immunofluorescence staining and finding it a hard road. Leica does not support IF staining within the standard clinical software so we need to buy a FISH kit (just one vial of formamide) in order to get a "kit" barcode to run the system. We dump the formamide and put in our own buffer. Totally useless to us, but they say it is the only way to run the system for IF. For that they charge us a price that significantly increases our reagent costs.

So, has anyone figured out if it is possible to spoof the system to avoid this unnecessary expense and hassle? Contact me privately you wish.

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center