[Histonet] Helpful Histonet hints

Linda Margraf Linda.Margraf at cookchildrens.org
Fri Mar 4 13:21:56 CST 2016

Dear Histonetters,

I get a lot of queries from members of the list who try to post a message and receive a note from the server that they are not members and their message is being held.  This problem usually happens when someone's email address has changed since they first subscribed.   Any sort of trivial change to an address will cause the server to block posting messages from that member even though they still receive messages just fine as they are internally routed through their email system.  If this happens to you, please go to the Histonet website: http://lists.utsouthwestern.edu/mailman/listinfo/histonet
and put your old address in at the bottom in the area for subscribers. You can edit your address there and also switch to digest mode (receive all mail in one mailing once a day) if you'd prefer.  Let me know if you need help.

The other reason messages are sometimes not posted is if you have graphics in your message (especially logos etc. in the signature line). The server often rejects those and I cannot predict when that will happen. If your message doesn't get posted and you don't know why, try sending it as plain text (which removes the graphics). "Plain text" will probably be in the options or format text area in your email system header.

Please let me know if you have problems using the histonet-owner at lists.utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:histonet-owner at lists.utsouthwestern.edu> link.

Thanks
Linda M
Histonet administrator