[Histonet] Testicular biopsies

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Thu Jun 30 09:33:25 CDT 2016

I must be missing the obvious.  Why can one no longer use Bouins?  We still use Bouins.

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
   3. Testicular biopsy for infertility (Cartun, Richard)
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 20:41:47 +0000
From: "Cartun, Richard" <Richard.Cartun at hhchealth.org>
What are people fixing testicular biopsies in to evaluate infertility?  In the past, I believe fixatives such as Zenker's and Bouin's were used for this purpose since they enhance nuclear detail.  Obviously, those fixatives can no longer be used.  Thank you.
Richard
Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & The Martin M. Berman, MD Immunopathology & Morphologic Proteomics Laboratory Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 972-1596
(860) 545-2204 Fax