[Histonet] Crystal Violet

Tyra Connor taynay143 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:20:07 CDT 2016

We do the simple, quick crystal violet for amyloid and one of the Drs. would like for it to be lighter.  We make stock soln from powder, and then fresh working soln each time.  Using a procedure from the 1990 Carson (pg 134-135).  Basically the slides get dipped and then rinsed.  There's no differentiation step, and we've tried leaving it on for less time, but the tissue just grabs the crystal violet so readily. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy the weekend,

t.