[Histonet] best glass coverslipper

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Fri Jan 22 12:26:22 CST 2016

I've had experience with several glass coverslippers over the years.  While I've not tried the newest/latest/greatest of other brands, I've been running the Sakura Glas coverslipper for 8 years without a hitch.  It has been very dependable, with little downtime, and extremely easy maintenance.  We have averaged less than 1 service call per year since purchase, outside of the annual pm.  At the time we purchased it, it had the shortest set up and routine maintenance of the 4 big players that we tried.  It is definitely a more sensitive system than the tape. All glass systems are less forgiving of technical error than tape, but the results are fabulous.  We coverslip using only 24 X 50, so avoid the hassles of changing sizes.
I hope this will help.  Sincerely, Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
ph: 215-938-3689
fax: 215-938-3874
   3. Best Glass Coverslipper? (Cooper, Brian)
Message: 3
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 20:35:37 +0000
From: "Cooper, Brian" <bcooper at chla.usc.edu>
Hey Histonet!

What's the best automatic glass coverslipper out there?  I only have experience with the Sakura tape slipper, which is AWESOME, but alas, we can't get one here.  Space is definitely an issue; would love to hear your experiences!

Thanks,

Brian D. Cooper, HT (ASCP)CM | Histology Supervisor Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd MS#43- Los Angeles, CA 90027
Ph: 323.361.3357     Pager: 213-209-0184
bcooper at chla.usc.edu<mailto:bcooper at chla.usc.edu>