[Histonet] Davidson's fixative and IHC question

Robert Byrd robert.h.byrd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:30:17 CST 2016

Bouin's solution is an excellent fixative for fetal brains, we were still
using it routinely when I trained 10 years ago but has (and already had in
most places) largely fallen out of use due to the explosive risk associated
with dried picric acid residue in drainpipes etc. It does work remarkably
well on soft and macerated fetal brains though. I use 10% NBF now out of
necessity but might be able to track down a Bouin's protocol if you are
interested.